With July coming to a close, summer will be over before we know it and fall is just around the corner! This means pumpkin patches, hot cider and oh yeah - more Dravet Syndrome Foundation walks!
Fall is the perfect walking season because in most places, the weather is more mild and the temperature is just right for a cool walk with your friends and family while you raise funds for a cure!
If you agree, consider hosting a walk/run fundraiser in honor of DSF this fall! We'd love to help you plan your event and bring your community together. Learn more about hosting a fundraiser here.
See more ways you can FALL in love with the Dravet Syndrome Foundation this upcoming season below!
Dravet Syndrome Foundation
Upcoming Day of Dravet Workshops
We are excited to share that our Day of Dravet workshops will be back this fall! These workshops are designed to provide a time for patients and their families to come together to learn about research and treatment options, connect with one another, and be a part of DSF’s shared vision for a better outcome for those affected by Dravet syndrome.
Workshops will be held at several different locations across the United States throughout September, October and November. Learn when and where the upcoming sessions are happening here.
Dance for Dravet
Our co-chair for Dance for Dravet, Jim Brennan of McKelvey Homes, recently did an interview talking about his continued efforts to support DSF, as well as sharing news about how you can support Dance for Dravet. Learn more about Dance for Dravet and McKelvey Homes' special offer to help you find a home AND raise money for a cure! Listen now.
Heart to Heart
Our next Heart-to-Heart session is just around the corner! Join us Monday, July 31, for the daytime and/or evening session as we connect and discuss all-things-Dravet with our caregiver community, as well as members of our DSF staff.
Register: Daytime Session.
Register: Evening Session.
Recently, we had an incredible fundraising event with the Irymple Football Netball Club in Australia, where they raised over $15,000 for DSF! The co-coach's daughter has Dravet syndrome and in an effort to raise awareness, the team wore purple in her honor and sold purple merch to raise money for a cure! Learn more about the family's journey here.
News and Events
- Double Down for Dravet - Let's have fun and fundraise together in Frisco, TX on August 12! Learn more.
- Dance Away Dravet - Help us Dance Away Dravet in Jamison, PA on September 16. Learn more.
- Dance For Dravet - Join us on October 6 in St. Louis, MO as we dance and fundraise for a cure Learn more.
- Research Grant Applications - We are now accepting research grant applications for 2023, including a special one-time call for applications focused on genetic impacts on patient phenotype with budgets up to $1M. Learn more about the qualifications and opportunities here.
- Clinical Trials - Learn about upcoming clinical trials and see if any may be right for you and your family.